Custom webmail login

Sailor

Perch
Several of my clients are not web-savvy. They usually use Outlook, but occasionally need to log into webmail. I've recommended they use SquirrelMail. The default mail.mydomain.com page, with multiple email clients, is just confusing to them. I'd like to give them a more direct way to get into SquirrelMail from an address on their own domain. I guess I could try making a page that just sends their login info direct to the mail server IP, although that would also send their password in cleartext. I really like the Ajax login someone just posted and will be looking into that. Before I start coding this, just thought I'd check if there's already a solution available, or if anyone has developed a good workaround?

Thanks

Why not just install SquirrelMail (or another webmail client) onto their account? As part of your setup, you could customize all its configuration scripts to make it just for their domain. Wouldn't that be easier than AJAX or other scripting techniques to "fake out" using the common copy?

Tim

skypanther, good suggestion, but I'd rather have Jodo keep the software updated and maintained. I already have enough to do supporting users, so I'd rather not have custom scripts (on multiple machines) to worry about.

Back