Customers getting lots of spam

We have fixed white-list, black-list option.

It's not fixed.

Please please PLEASE let me use the whitelist and blacklist on individual email accounts....

mail is still coming in from senders not on the whitelist.

How in the world are you letting mail through when *@*.* is in the blacklist?

I gave this customer 30 days free hosting so they could find another hosting provider.

I have *@*.* in the blacklist but mail - SPAM - is still coming through from senders not in the whitelist.

On top of that all spam filtering is set to maximum.

I have other accounts that are using white list only and they are working fine.

The only domain that is having this issue is the domain mentioned in ticket DEQ-43808-354

whitelisting and blacklisting no longer work on that domain.

Can you PLEASE change it back to the way it was before i asked about excessive spam in that ticket PLEASE!

BorderWeb,

I work closely with several churches, never seen one so unreasonable. I understand your side here really, but that is more than 'prudish', it is a lack of understanding of technology in any form. I am sorry the whitelist option stopped working, I wasn't aware of this being the case.
Every place, and person is different, but in the past with churches I've done local gateways that handle this, and make a lot better money in service than hosting side. So especially if these are local I have another optional suggestion to you to possibly study up on and offer for them outside the realm of hosting, but could be bundled as a value add service package.

The ClearOS is a good project, and product:
http://www.clearfoundation.com/Software/overview.html

I used to bundle services like this using small custom built, and realtively cheap miniitx motherboards with multiple nics to make them onsite universal threat management services. These filtered websites, emails, etc. These days you can even get them that have built in wifi systems so you can have main and guest wifi hotspot services as well. So you load this up, and help them management it monthly, provide the back end email and site services, the base free one works quite well these days, it isn't the platform I used to use (I used ipcop and some customized addons way back), but one addon to highly consider would be the $100 year content filtering updates.

Not sure you'd be up for this, but just something maybe to consider!

I looked into it. I'm afraid teaching them to whitelist email addresses is alot easier than teaching them to use ClearOS. Much less time consuming overall... But the Whitelist-Blacklist is still not working on that domain , so they probably won't believe anything I recommend anyway.

I just don't understand how spam is coming through with *@*.* in the blacklist, and only on the domain I opened a ticket on. None of my other whitelist email accounts are having this issue.

I wasn't talking about teaching them clearos, I was talking more about you managing it as a service a complete bundle.

I'm not sure about the filter either, just alerted linux guys on it.

I wasn't talking about teaching them clearos, I was talking more about you managing it as a service a complete bundle.

I'm not sure about the filter either, just alerted linux guys on it.
Oh. I misunderstood you. sorry... It does look like a good product.

Do you have *@*.* blocking working on any other domain? We've tried on several domains and servers and that doesn't work on any of them to block, if you specify an address or domain it does work, but full wildcard does not. If you have one working fully like this, let us know on ticket or PM me (I don't know ticket ID to reference but the linux team knows your ticket and updates me on it)

Do you have *@*.* blocking working on any other domain? We've tried on several domains and servers and that doesn't work on any of them to block, if you specify an address or domain it does work, but full wildcard does not. If you have one working fully like this, let us know on ticket or PM me (I don't know ticket ID to reference but the linux team knows your ticket and updates me on it)

Thank you for your attention, Stephen.

I sent a reply to the ticket with an example. I have many more. The ticket said *@*.* was bad syntax, but the instructions in the spam settings refer to the use of regular expressions. It's been working for years.

The delivery failure will look like this:
Remote host said: 553 sorry, your envelope sender is in my badmailfrom list (#5.7.1)

Back