customizing Squirrelmail outside

iaweb

Guppy
I know that Squirrelmail is a server wide application for all clients, so changes to the login page at:

http://204.14.107.174/squirrelmail/src/login.php

is not possible.

However we have a client who would like to have his private label branded login page for SquirrelMail...

Anybody got an idea how to achieve this??( ?(

Can I just create a form page which collects the username and password and sends it to the login page? If yes, how?8)

Thanks

IAWeb

iaweb said:
actually it looks like I sorted it out...
Good idea.

However, I noticed a small problem that all the Squirrelmail setups probably have. When you log out, Squirrelmail shows its standard login page, but it's for the wrong server. So you can't log on again from that page.
Your original login IP ends with .174 (mail3, I think), whereas the IP you are logged out to ends with .1 (I think this is mail1). Don't know if that is fixable...

Since I hate all these webmail applications, I just get one of my own and place it under a subdomain webmail.myhostingdomain.com. I know from a discussion with Stephen that via a dedicated IP you could set it up to work like the the actual webmail, that is if client types in mail.clientdomain.com to go to 123.123.123.123/webmail, where 123... obviously is your dedicated IP. I didn't implement it since I don't need it, at least for the moment, but Stephen said it is possible.

bored_admin said:
Great, can you share your experience, how u did it and such.

Thanks

All I did is take the source from the Squirelmail login and changed the information to point directly to the IP address of the Squirrelmail folder and than placed the new file on the Eclipse site... surprisingly easier than I thought...

bro said:
Good idea.

However, I noticed a small problem that all the Squirrelmail setups probably have. When you log out, Squirrelmail shows its standard login page, but it's for the wrong server. So you can't log on again from that page.
Your original login IP ends with .174 (mail3, I think), whereas the IP you are logged out to ends with .1 (I think this is mail1). Don't know if that is fixable...

Just tried it and it did log me out to .174 and I could log back on with no problems...

Back