dasBlog Install on Jodohost?

I know several people have it installed just from tickets and looking around servers to help them, any particular issue you have in using it?

Just tried to install it as seem to be running into trust issues. By default iruns as full trust which didn't seem to work, so I tried the Medium trust settign but got other issues.

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the site administrator has locked access to this section using <location allowOverride="false"> from an inherited configuration file.

Source Error:

Line 96: <system.web>
Line 97: <!-- <trust level="Medium" originUrl=".*" /> -->
Line 98: <trust level="Medium" originUrl=".*" />
Line 99:
Line 100: <!-- level="[Full|High|Medium|Low|Minimal]" -->

If I remove the medium trust setting I get the following:

Security Exception
Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

Tried the medium trust setting, it wont work either on Jodohost it appears due to the allowoverrides issue.

I guess I'll have to find another blog tool if I want to run it here. Anys suggestiosn of a good IIS based blog tool?

Tried the medium trust setting, it wont work either on Jodohost it appears due to the allowoverrides issue.

I guess I'll have to find another blog tool if I want to run it here. Anys suggestiosn of a good IIS based blog tool?

setting it to "medium" trust is not the same as running in medium trust, that is an override, not a run in existing conditions.

There is another topic about blogs in .net some good ones out there :)

Back