Databases

Bliss

Perch
With the current mssql3 problem, I'm wondering how I could download my database to my hard drive and convert to access in case of probems like this.

Try maybe Database Export feature from Enterprise manager. I haven't tried it for export to access, but it might work if you don't use Stored Procedures (they are different in Access - only one SQL statement allowed per SP)

You can't retrieve your database because mssql3 is currently unavailable. i will be posting an update about this shortly. However, all your data is safe on a backup tape and you won't be losing anything

No, this problem only affects limited customers. A majority of our customers have their databases on mssql1 and mssql2.

mssql3 is back online. Please read the announcement for further details

No, Ron, I don't think everyone's databases are hosted on mssql3. However, since that server is dedicated to serving SQL Server, most people's databases will probably be on it.

By the way Yash, since the server is back up, is there a way I can download my database without Enterprise Manager? This way, if a server failure comes around again, I can just use my access version of my database as a temp. solution.

If Enterprise Manager is the only solution, does anyone know if you can just install Enterprise Manager and not the rest of the SQL Server stuff onto your computer? It just takes up too much room and I do not want to install the whole package.

Maybe if you do a search at download.com you might be able to find some tool that would allow you to do a direct download.

I found a tool once that worked like enterprise manager...but I did a search and couldn't find it.

There is one out there :)

Back