DataCenter Network Down

our NAP side network is up we are checking the Miami Exchange side network we have tech at the DC now.

FPL who provides our fiber services currently, has their core switch down at NAP of the Americas.

This is the cause for the outage and I am working to get an ETA.

Edit: We will tell you more of our plans on this matter soon, but we were already having other providers fiber coming up at the end of the month, very bad timing for this matter :(

I have a little update, from the datacenter side the diverse paths both show to be up and running, but since their interconnects at NAP are down, the service is not up. The FPL Noc has told me they are well aware of this matter and getting many phone calls and have multiple IP staff on it and Terremark staff as well. He would not commit to an ETA but said it should be up 'soon' I am still following up.

This is a very hands on manner for FPL they have a team of engineers at the NAP of the Americas datacenter and said they will UPDATE me in 10 minutes.

The conversation was very frantic and they had the supervisor at the NOC answering the phone that gave me the update.

All is back up now.

I am still going to find our more from FPL and find why resolution took so long and why this was able to happen as well.

In addition we will soon be posting about us taking services from another fiber carrier as well, as with today it is seen that redundancy is not always redundant if there is a SPOF, which I will also be speaking to FPL about.

Just got off the phone, the official explaination will be coming in 24-48 hours in a mass mail from them, which we will pass along when it comes.

He told me they were able to restore services one circuit at a time and some clients are still down, however we are up and running fully, while some other clients are not. The outage was right at 62 minutes in total for the fiber outage.

We will followup more here as we know more on the how/why of this, and we will open up another discussion on our plans to prevent such from happening again as we bring the other fiber provider in as well.

Back