DB restoration (Internal Consistency Error)

A

anupkumars

Hi all,

We are having backups of seven production databases from one of our clients. They have taken the backup and sent it for configuring here at the development center. The database size is pretty big (47 GB, 45 GB, 25 GB, 360MB and so on). We were able to restore the smaller databases. But for the bigger ones, we are facing a problem. We are getting Internal Consistency error when restoring. We talked to the client. They informed us that, they were able to restore it from this backup files.

Please help me out in soriting this issue. Is it becuase of the system configuration? At the client site, they are using high end servers. But we are testing it with Desktop servers. Any RAM problems or something like that? Because we were able to restore the smaller databases...

We tried the SP_HELPSORT and compared the results from the client SQL Server installation and ours. Both are same. Please let me know, if anybody has got a solution for this "Internal Consistency Error".

Thanks and Regards
Anup

Hi,

Are you use MS access database? If so, I think you can try some utilities such as Advanced Access Repair to repair your Access MDB file. It works rather well for my corrupt Access MDB files. Hope this will be useful.

Alan

Which versions of MSSQL are you using? That could be a real problem.

Some versions limit the SQL DB size.

Not sure if this will help but there is a free script called Big Dump that can sometimes help. I use it on mySQL databases.

Back