Dedicated app pool

wotech

Perch
I have a client who is having speed issues the first time someone hits the site everyday. The first person who hits it in the morning will experience a delay of 1-2 minutes, then people in the afternoon many times experience the same thing. Through their analysis, it looks like the iis thread is shutting down after a period of inactivity, then it's spinning up again when someone hits the site.

In the past, Jodohost has moved a few of my sites to dedicated app pools. Could this be done for this particular domain/website, then disable the Idle Timeout setting in the app pool properties? The site isn't very big at all, but that delay is killing them. I know there are some other options like setting up something to hit the site periodically, but I really don't want to tell them they have to implement a hack solution.

This customer moved to us from another company and I'm trying to be as accomodating as possible...

Thank is advance.

the timeouts cant be changed and keep a stable server it honestly sounds as if it is in a vry small or dedicated pool now if it is timing out.

Back