Dedicated IP on WinCF4 (cl1)

I am desperate to get help with a ticket (RS #GIO-34879-420) I submitted on Saturday nite. The server will not allow me to switch from shared IP to dedicated IP (not an option) so I can't install an SSL certificate. Website was supposed be live this morning.

I exchanged a few messages with support & livechat, but nothing has been done to resolve. *Please Help* Thank you!

We've removed most dedicated IPs in prep for migration, however there is an error coming whenever we attempt to do this IP. I'll work on it with Tanmaya tonight to get this going but we've seen in the past when we force it, 24 hours later it reverts to not working. We've got this solved in cluster2 using the cloud servers for CF and its working quite well, even very well one may say.

in worst case we'll launch a server in the new datacenter for this, but it doesn't help with time matter :( I've got my hands full with time critical issues right now, so best resolution for us all is to get the IP going right.

Tanmaya allocated a new dedicated IP address :D

The issue I have now is the SSL certificate has to be moved from Unix (Web7) server to a newly created & fully functional site on WinCF4. The CF4 site was established several months ago for development purposes using a temp domain name. Now I can't install the SSL cert because because it wants to assign it to the temp domain name that was used during initial account setup. I wasn't sure if I could delete the zone record for the temp domain and then quickly transfer the current domain over.

Any advice how to work around this issue or am I going to be forced to backup & delete both sites (W3, mySQL dbs & CFM DSN) and start over? If I have to start over from scratch, I'll have to ask for a dedicated IP to be created all over again. Sorry Tanmaya.

Back