Deleted login images

Nick

Guppy
Hi, I just signed up for the Value Linux plan yesterday and have so far had no problems. Except yesterday, when I got my FTP setup and I deleted the two HTML files (index.html and login.html, I think), along with all the files in the images folder. But I guess maybe the last thing wasn't necessary; I didn't know that the images were also used for the controll panel (domain.com/cp). So I was wondering if there is any way to get these files back?

you dont need the page 'index.html' as thats just there so your site isnt blank when you create it, you can replace it with your own page which would be for your site

the page 'login.html' is just a 'short cut' login for your control panel, so that isnt really needed, as you can go straight to the control panel its self

the folder CP isnt really needed, as thats only there for pre-installed scripts (eg Guestbook, Chatroom and Hits Counter) you can move these to other places in your site or remove them if you dont need them

you said you didnt realise the images for the control panel, but the images are not connected to the control panel to manage your domains and email addresses, only to the folder CP which as i said is for pre-installed scripts

if you would like to get them back you can simply add a subdomain to your control panel and they'll be installed on that and you could then move them over to the required domain name

Thanks for the reply, Scotty. Although, all I needed were the 5-10 images in that are used on the cp page, not the html files. I just wanted to know if I could see somebody elses images folder, or if they are somewhere on JodoHost.

the /cp folder is not needed for anything at all, it is just a little quick access, the actual CP does not rely on them.

Back