Dnn 4.0

I'm keen to give it a try too but I read this and saw "Version 4.0.0 does not run on Medium Trust". I haven't inquired with Jodo but I think that's a show stopper for now on most shared hosts. I decided to wait until that is hopefully sorted out.

Ross

More news on this??? Anyone has tried DNN 4 on jodohost? Or - have you upgraded to 3.2 and is it working well?

We have one user using DNN 4.0, but with mixed results, I will see if we can get more info from them on that.

tetranz said:
I'm keen to give it a try too but I read this and saw "Version 4.0.0 does not run on Medium Trust". I haven't inquired with Jodo but I think that's a show stopper for now on most shared hosts. I decided to wait until that is hopefully sorted out.

Ross

I think they are releasing or just releasted a 3.2.1 and 4.0.1 that helps solve the medium trust stuff... with a few minor changes in the web.config file. I believe I read this in one of my newletters sent to me today.

Any further reports about DNN 4 at Jodohost?

I'm hosting a DNN 3 site on win12 and I'm thinking of moving to win2 where I have a few domains and upgrading to DNN 4, mainly so I can do some module development with Visual Studio 2005 etc.

Is anyone willing to let me know the URL of their DNN 4 site at Jodo so I can click around to judge performance?

You could send me a forum PM if you didn't want to put out the link publicly.

Thanks
Ross

Hello Ross,

DNN4 is running quite well, some people are disappointed in the lack of modules fo rit however and switching back to DNN3.x

Speed overall is slightly slower in initial load, as it seems ASP.NET 2.0 is in general a bit slower. However after the inital load it is just as fast.

It does work, but some people don't like it because it is lacking in third party support compared to the legacy 3.x series, give it time and it will mature, as any product does.

Back