DNS manager

SubSpace

Bass
My service domain has a *.mydomain.com DNS entry pointing to the webserver, but I don't want it. However, it's one of those 'Built in A records', which might be nice and fool proof but can also be a major pain in the butt ;)

Is there any way to remove built-in records in general, or this particular one, so I can put in the required entry?

On a related note, I would like to make my own *.subdomain.domain.com entry, but the editor doesn't seem to allow wildcards. Any way to get around this?

(what can I say, I'm a very non-standard guy^^)

Hmm, the wildcard entry is conflicting with a subdomain I'm trying to host under the domain though. The primary website is a Windows site but the subdomain is Linux, so it is a different IP.

However, the *.mydomain.com apparently has priority over the subdomain.mydomain.com entry as defined in under the subdomain's account.

I've temporarily fixed this by duplicating the subdomain.mydomain.com entry at the Reseller level, but it kind of messed up a smooth transition from the old webhost to here, as I had set DNS records to 5 minutes TTL beforehand for quick update when the move would take place. Now that 5 minute entry was overwritten a wrong entry with a 24 hour TTL, which is now cached in various places :(

I've opened a trouble ticket about the wildcard entry, perhaps someone can remove it manually :)

Back