DNS Question

I created a new reseller account here, and after everthing was set up I decided to change the service domain. I did that and everything SEEMED OK, but...

1. The original zone I created cannot be deleted. It says it is, but it is still listed there. I get an error when I click on the edit icon.

2. The DNS is correctly updated on my registrar, but I'm getting some errors in CheckDNS that appear to indicate there is something incorrectly set in HSPHERE.

http://www.checkdns.net/quickcheck.aspx?domain=gmta.org&detailed=1

Can anyone shed some light on this? Where does the problem seem to be?

The ns3/4 seem to be backwards at your registrar, it won't really cause a problem, but maybe a warning like that.

As far as the MX record error goes, you need to sign up for a service domain for that to be created.

I went into the DNS settings for each of my domains - some were still showing the ***.com NS setting. I restored the default and it updated to the ***.net NS.

However, I'm still confused about this error I'm getting when I check the DNS settings (checkdns.net)

----------------------------------------------------------
Status Message
Master DNS defined by SOA (ns3.fusioncomp-hosting.com) was not found among NS records.

Help
SOA record contains a name of master DNS server. This name you enter on your DNS server. However, this name did not match any of DNS servers, listed for your domain. Often this means that the server name in SOA record is simply wrong. This can cause problem with Windows 2000/XP computers in this domain, because Windows machines use this name as a way to find master DNS.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Is this something that JodoHost has to fix, or is it a propagation issue?

ns3.fusioncomp-hosting.com was the name I initially had, but now I'm using ns3.fusioncomp-hosting.net. My registrar settings are correct, but the above message seems to indicate something needs to be re-entered on the DNS server itself.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dan

Dan,

Submit a ticket asking for the DNS to be rebuilt for the domain, it is an automated process that we have to call manually.

Back