does not like recipient

C

coco

I have been getting very few emails lately. When I try to send an email to myself, I get the following error:

63.209.158.6 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 553 sorry, that domain isn't allowed to be relayed thru this MTA (#5.7.1)
Giving up on 63.209.158.6

I this a problem at Jodohost?

Thanks.

I'd say yes.. I suggest you open a ticket with the required information (domain name, etc) to get it looked into.

Yes Exactly, You need to submit a trouble ticket with the account or domain name for which you are getting the above mentioned error.

maheep said:
Yes Exactly, You need to submit a trouble ticket with the account or domain name for which you are getting the above mentioned error.

I get this too. but just sometimes. not limited to one domain.

LegalAlien said:
I get this too. but just sometimes. not limited to one domain.

I highly doubt that could happen since this is not the sort of error than can occur randomly. It only occurs if the domain was not configured properly on the mail server upon setup.

However, if you have received a returned email, put in a ticket please

Yash said:
I highly doubt that could happen since this is not the sort of error than can occur randomly. It only occurs if the domain was not configured properly on the mail server upon setup.

However, if you have received a returned email, put in a ticket please

Yash - you either believe me or do not believe me. I'm telling you what happened.:)

LegalAlien said:
Yash - you either believe me or do not believe me. I'm telling you what happened.:)

LegalAlien, for me to help you, you need to give me and the support team more details in the form of a ticket

the mail server has absolutely zero issues and is performing very very well.

An MTA relay error means your domain is missing from the control files on the mail server. If that was the issue, it would mean you would not receive a SINGLE email. The domain can't disappear and appear in that control files all by itself :)

LegalAlien said:

The reason I need to deny something like this very strongly is because a customer reading this may think that they may be missing random mail due to this error which is absolutely not the case.

If you are getting this error, it is 100% due to a configuration change you may have made from Hsphere or you recently setup your domain and it wasn't created properly. the error would appear for ALL email sent to you.

Back