Does Your Support Staff Need Support Staff?

Will someone please respond to the questions I asked in support ticket HIJ-69598-145 and then please tell me why it is common practice to leave questions unanswered.

I've had this ticket open for 10+ hours. It has taken a total of 8 hrs to respond twice. The first response to the ticket was clearly absurd. Could you really not have deciphered the URL from the account ID I provided? I have that capability and I'm just one of your lowly resellers.

The second response, 6 1/2 hrs later, had nothing to do with my issue and the questions I asked were not answered.

I've been with JodoHost for over three years. I've given credit when you have clearly deserved it. I've raised concerns when I think attention to an issue is needed. Now I address my frustrations. I hesitate to post these issues on your forum, but I think it's appropriate to do so.

I can't speak for anyone else, but support for my reseller accounts has been on the downslide. :(

##The first response to the ticket was clearly absurd. Could you really not have deciphered the URL from the account ID I provided?

We can only get domains name from given account ID not your problematic scripts. We always request customers to be more specific on issues. The issues was with specific scripts not with the domain.

##The second response, 6 1/2 hrs later, had nothing to do with my issue and the questions I asked were not answered.

Yes, there was nothing changed in php configuration thats why we check the logs and replied you with logs details so that you can also check this.

The big problem found was in delayed responses.
We will crosscheck this with tech support.

We can only get domains name from given account ID not your problematic scripts.
No, sorry, this isn't the point. I simply asked you if you made any changes to the server where the script resides. I didn't ask you to troubleshoot the script. The account ID I provided clearly would have told you what server the account was on.

We always request customers to be more specific on issues.
Could my support ticket have been more specific? If so, how?

Yes, there was nothing changed in php configuration thats why we check the logs and replied you with logs details so that you can also check this.
How was I to know this when you made no mention of this? The response you gave did not indicate what you say here. Your response in the ticket simply stated: I got error from logs. You provided the log errors as well. However, what did the log errors have to do with my question?

I'm not trying to be difficult here. I'm only trying to point out where support breaks down.

We have fixed your issue and replied ticket.As far as any changes on the server are concerned, we always post them in "Network Outages and Update" section of our fourm .

Again I'd say that asking for any changes made on the server lands us nowhere.In most of cases replicating problem at our end saves our lots of time while troubleshooting them, that's why support asked you for this.
Now let's talk about your issue, it was Egress filtering which stoppped your script as your script required communication allowed on port 8080 while it is normally not allowed unless requested with valid reasons. Previously we had this port open for our own purpose and blocked this port later.however we have permitted this port now as we now know what you are intending to do.

I can appreciate the effort to resolve the issue, but I think if my initial question had been answered the process would have been easier. When the question went unanswered it appeared to me that support was trying to do something I wasn't asking them to do.

I don't deny the effort and willingness to resolve issues. It's obvious to me support is an important part of your business. It's shown by the forum, live chat and helpdesk you provide. But please hear what I say when I state the importance of answering questions.

I too have an interest in the success of your services. I am your customer after all. When your business succeeds it benefits all of us. It's why I take the time to bring my concerns to your attention.

Thanks

I understand what you are saying, but having full URLs to the problem is most helpful, as it allows us to know where the problem lies.

Many changes are made to a server on a daily, hourly, and even more regualr basis, from hsphere to abuse issues, to clients making changes. It is not something we can answer, becasue there is simply no answer to it for the most part.

Back