Domain DNS

Hi,

I would like to know if you charge for domain transfer, my domain is registered in romania .ro and in case I move my site to you I have to also change DNS server to your DNS server, do you charge for this operation?

aureliandan said:
Hi,

I would like to know if you charge for domain transfer, my domain is registered in romania .ro and in case I move my site to you I have to also change DNS server to your DNS server, do you charge for this operation?

I'll try to answer your question (I'm just a customer). You don't have to actually transfer the domain here. You can configure your current domain registration company to point all requests to the JodoHost DNS server. Then you use JodoHost to make all configuration changes on the domain (except whois information because that still needs to be done at the registration company where the domain resides).

But you are probably very welcome to move your domain here if you want to. You will probably have to register for an additional year for $8.50 (price depends on the tld you have) and move it at the same time.

In order to host with us you DO NOT have to transfer your domain to JodoHost. Also we do not register .ro domains. Therefore to host .ro with us you will need to make DNS changes with your current registrar.

Thank you for your response, what I intend to say is in case of moving my site to jodohost I don't have to pay for register my site address on jodohost DNS servers, just point the sitename on my registration company to jodohost DNS servers with no tax fee. It seems that is correct.

Yes, you don't have to pay anything. Just point your domain's name servers to
ns1.jodoshared.com
ns2.jodoshared.com

Back