Domain Name Services - registration with ICANN registrar

jetzkr8

Perch
I have a signup with ICANN registrar that looks and feels like the one you are using (the software looks all the same) at Directi.

1) Do your HSphere panels offer built-in integration to Directi?

If Yes,
2) Do your HSphere panels allow/enable full pricing control for domain registrations from the integration in 1?

So far no reply, so I am going to bump this up. Is domain registration integration into HSphere supproted for third-party registrars, specifically Directi?

DirectI is suported, but sadly the way hsphere worksit only works off the main account.

I am going to make Yash aware of this post in case I am wrong, but it has been like this for quite some time now.

I.E., reseller even if they have a reseller account at a registrar can't use it direct with hsphere.

Stephen said:
DirectI is suported, but sadly the way hsphere worksit only works off the main account...........

This means the HSphere function to register domains will NOT work? It means that customers will need to signup on Directi reseller control panel? I have experience with other Hsphere provider that offers registration through OPENSRS only, locking costs at $15, that's the reason I am asking b4 signing up.

So given a scenario, reseller will have separate areas for signup, soliciting Domain Name registration first. Once registered, signup for HSphere will proceed.

Customer will need to accurately provide domain name he has already signed up. In any case, HSphere will procced without checking the domain name availability or whether it has been registered. In such a case, registration of domain can be pursued later.

If in the event the customer checks the domain for availbility but does not complete registration; and then proceeds to signup for HSphere hosting. Trying to register later, he finds the domain has been taken and is no longer available. Of course I undertsand there is little one can do to get the original domain. Will the HSphere CP allow deletion of main domain zone and creation of alternate zone, or is it advisable to delete previous account and signup for new one?

Sounds like I should continue to use goDaddy.com for domain acquisition but use you guys for hosting. I've got some new domains at goDaddy so I'll need to wait 60 days before they can be transferred.

Most of my personal domains are at godaddy, I feel they are a good registrar, but I don't host there.

The registrations can be done anywhere, we do not require they be done here. You can set the DNS for any domain you have at godaddy and it will work here without transferring registrars.
Of course if you want to transfer we would never argue with you. :)

Back