Domain transfer, confusing tech advice

Hi there

Just joined Jodo host. :D

I have recently tried to transfer a domain over to yourselves from 1&1 internet. I went through the H-Sphere control panel and entered the domain, www.balearic-jobs.com, and it seemed to work OK, a new directory was created in my FTP which I have uploaded my website too.

However I did not recieve an authorisation email (I have checked my whois details and they seem to be fine), which I was lead to believe I am suppose to recieve. I am the admin, billing and tech contact on my account. So I started a ticket on your ticket tech support asking how the domain transfer was proceeding and I got this reply;

Please make a request for transfer of this domain with Jodohost by
www.domain.jodohost.com

Transfer processs may takes 4-5 days to complete depending upon the time
taken by domain owner and losing registrar for approval of transfer request.

Fair enough, I tried to go to that address to make the request, however it does not seem to be a valid website address.

Could some body please advise me how to proceed?

One small secondary question if I may - my whois information for the domain is correct only as far as my email address, the postal address is out of date, how do I update this?

Thank you very much for your time and help

Rob Clark
Balearic-Jobs.com Admin

BalearicJobs said:
I have recently tried to transfer a domain over to yourselves from 1&1 internet. I went through the H-Sphere control panel and entered the domain, www.balearic-jobs.com, and it seemed to work OK, a new directory was created in my FTP which I have uploaded my website too.

However I did not recieve an authorisation email (I have checked my whois details and they seem to be fine), which I was lead to believe I am suppose to recieve. I am the admin, billing and tech contact on my account.

Please be aware that Domain Control Panel is isolated from Hshpere control panel. For managing your domain name, you need to sign up as a Customer/Reseller for Domain Control Panel through http://domain.jodohost.com/anacreon/?&redirectpage=/?. After place a transfer Order for domain, Administrative Contact for the Domain Name will receive an e-mail from JodoHost for the Transfer Authorization process, which needs to be approved within 5 days. For more information, related to transfer of domain name, please go through this link http://domain.jodohost.com/kb/servlet/KBServlet/faq552.html

One small secondary question if I may - my whois information for the domain is correct only as far as my email address, the postal address is out of date, how do I update this?

You can update your desired information in your previous registrar domain control panel. For more information, please come on Live-chat or write us a mail at billing @ jodohost.com (without space).

Thank you for your prompt response.

I've now started the transfer of the domain and recieved the approval email, which I have now approved. It now says "waiting for approval from losing regisitar"

In your experience do 1&1 send a further approval request or do they just normally release the domain (all outstanding payments have been made)

Also now the domain is transferring over to Jodo, will it automatically be assigned to ftp account? What I mean is, will the www.balearic-jobs.com domain automatically point it self to the balearic-jobs.com directory that was created automatically when I created the domain in the H-Sphere Control Panel or do I have to do something extra? Its a busy website I own and I would prefer to have zero downtime.

Again, I appreciate your help! :)

BalearicJobs said:
I've now started the transfer of the domain and recieved the approval email, which I have now approved. It now says "waiting for approval from losing regisitar"

It means, Domain Name Holder has Approved the Transfer Request and now the transfer is awaiting the Current Registrar to approve the Transfer.

In your experience do 1&1 send a further approval request or do they just normally release the domain (all outstanding payments have been made)
Yes, the Current Registrar will confirm the Transfer Order by sending an e-mail to the Registrant and/or the Administrative Contact of the concerned Domain Name.

Also now the domain is transferring over to Jodo, will it automatically be assigned to ftp account? What I mean is, will the www.balearic-jobs.com domain automatically point it self to the balearic-jobs.com directory that was created automatically when I created the domain in the H-Sphere Control Panel or do I have to do something extra? Its a busy website I own and I would prefer to have zero downtime.

Yes, it automatically be assigned to your domain directory after change the Domain Name Servers (DNS) setting in your Domain Control Panel. JodoHost DNS information is emailed to you when you add a domain during sign-up.

Just one quick note for future reference to others that may encounter this, in hsphere it is referred to as "Transfer a domain" however this does NOT transfer of registrar services for the domain, it just means "Setup the site with the following domain:"

You are not the first one to think it was, and I am sure not the last. There are a number of posts on this in the hsphere forums as well.

kuldeep said:
Yes, it automatically be assigned to your domain directory after change the Domain Name Servers (DNS) setting in your Domain Control Panel. JodoHost DNS information is emailed to you when you add a domain during sign-up.

No, I didn't get that email. 8o

My DNS is currently set too;

Name TTL Class Type Data
Built in A records
balearic-jobs.com 86400 IN A 64.187.109.146
*.balearic-jobs.com 86400 IN A 64.187.109.146
Restore default A records
Custom A records
Add DNS A Record
Built in MX records
balearic-jobs.com 86400 IN MX 10 mail5.jodoshared.com
balearic-jobs.com 86400 IN MX 30 mail2.jodoshared.com
Restore default MX records
Custom MX records
Add DNS MX Record
Built in CNAME records
mail.balearic-jobs.com 86400 IN CNAME mail5.jodoshared.com
Restore default CNAME records
Custom CNAME records
Add DNS CNAME Record
Built in TXT records
Restore default TXT records
Custom TXT records
Add DNS TXT Record

Is that right for what I want?

Login to your HSphere control panel
Domain Settings - Domain Info
Click on your domain and take note of the Name Servers, should be something like nsX.jodoshared.com

Login to your Domain control panel and change your name servers for your domain that you've just transfered to JodoHost to the ones mentioned above.

Once the domain transfer is complete, your site should be online :)

Back