Domain Transfer

Phill

Guppy
For lack of a seemingly better place to dump this messsage, I am placing it here. :D

While trying to transfer a domain from an 'old' reseller's control, to Jodohost, I received the following messsage ... Error Message : DomSecret should be less than 16 character long

The problem is that I entered NO "secret word" ... so how can it be longer than 16 characters? ?(

Are you trying to move it to another registrar or something?
Because otherwise I don't see how you would need a secret word, other than to modify the domain's NS entries.

Phill said:
For lack of a seemingly better place to dump this messsage, I am placing it here. :D

While trying to transfer a domain from an 'old' reseller's control, to Jodohost, I received the following messsage ... Error Message : DomSecret should be less than 16 character long

The problem is that I entered NO "secret word" ... so how can it be longer than 16 characters? ?(

I think the best would be to set a password with your old registrar and attempt to transfer. We have no control over the domain management software

SubSpace said:
Are you trying to move it to another registrar or something?
Because otherwise I don't see how you would need a secret word, other than to modify the domain's NS entries.
Yes .. from another registrar.

Back