Domains Hosted/Registered by You?

ASPMan

Guppy
I find your packages very reasonably priced and would like to take your Enterprise package to host some 20 ecommerce and business related sites. My concern is does JodoHost have the sufficient resources and manpower to remain in this business for years to come? I also am concerned if I register some domains at JodoHost, would you ever snatch them from me if I were to have a dispute with you regarding say hosting services? Would JodoHost allow me to enter different name servers if I were to change to another host?

I'd also appreciate you could give me direct figures on:
1) Number of Domains directly registered with you and what is your growth rate in this sphere
2) How many domains/customers are you currently hosting and your growth rate here as well

Do we have sufficient resources to stay in business? Yes. There was a thread about this recently. Please read - http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?t=318

We offer 2 distinct services - Domain registration and Web hosting. We would never allow a dispute in one service affect the other service if you take that as well. We take domain services from Directi.com who are ICAAN accredited. Our activities are monitored by them. You agree to an agreement provided by them. We in no way can snatch your domain. Domain registration is provided more as a convenience by us and is not our main business

We as of August 15, 2003 have ~ 150 domains directly registered with us and have an average of 2 domain registrations every day. I can't provide you any figures regarding our hosting services as of now. Atul would be the only one who'd be able to provide you with such figures and if he deems it to be OK, he'd do so.

Domain registration figures look good. I didn't expect you to release any hosting customer figures anyway because not even webhost4life was willing to do so. Thought I'd give it a try anyway.

One more concern. I had a chat with CDXSolutions.com the other day and showed them your enterprise package. They said your package was crazy and there is no way you could give out 2GB of space for $50/month and that too with SQL Server support. They claimed that you would not be in business for too long. What do you have to say to that?

We have several customers on this forum alone that are using the Enterprise package. Maybe they can share their experience with you. We also have a few ex-CDX customers. Maybe they could tell you how it was like with them

CDXSolutions gives out 500MB of space for $14.95 while we do so for $20. Don't see how they can claim we are giving out too much space for too little.

Yash said:
CDXSolutions gives out 500MB of space for $14.95 while we do so for $20. Don't see how they can claim we are giving out too much space for too little.

They actually said you can't give out so much SQL space for so little. They said it wasn't affordable for you or something... I told them that in your 500MB package that costs $20/month, I could store upto 500MB MSSQL databases if I don't use space for web files and email.

I take JodoHost's Enterprise package which comes with 2GB of space. I host about 3 websites and use a total of 1.5GB in MS SQL space. I get traffic of around 14GB every month which the account handles with ease.

If CDX says JodoHost can't afford giving out so much of SQL Server space, that means that they themselves can't afford to do so. I have studied CDXSolution's packages... they give out around 10MB or 20MB of MS SQL space with their 500MB package. This is a typical package a reseller would offer. It appears that they have taken a reseller account and resell space from that. They can't offer as much SQL Server space as JodoHost can because they themselves have very limited SQL Server space. JodoHost doesn't because they clearly are not a reseller and have their own servers. Infact, JodoHost says they are going to be introducing their own Reseller Packages in September. I'd be the first one to take one of them and compete with CDXSolutions :) :)

but CDX Solutions have their own control panel and packages.. how could they resell some other company's packages?

That's the beauty of HSphere. You can become your own hosting company by taking an HSphere reseller account. These accounts start from around $40/month. They allow you to create your own packages, have your own name servers and have your own brandable control panel. There is NO WAY a customer can find out if his or her hosting company is a reseller.

But you can by using some common sense. A typical reseller account would come with 1GB of disk space and 300MB of MS SQL Space. So for CDX, it isn't practical to use Summary Disk Usage - the system JodoHost does. In this system, if you take a 500MB package with JodoHost, you can use upto 500MB as MS SQL space. If CDX were to do that and a customer actually used all 500MB as MS SQL space, he'd be screwed since he only has 300MB as MS SQL quota. For JodoHost, it doesn't matter. Either they use the space on their web server or on their MS SQL server. Also, very few reseller packages allow overselling.

Well, we indeed are going to be starting reseller packages in early September. We have to deal with many issues like how to control SPAM etc before we do so.

For everyone's information, our reseller packages will be based on the same SDU concept so all our resellers would be able to oversell (something our competitiors don't provide).

Mike... I found that very interesting. I have always been wondering why I used to find sooo many similar HSphere packages... lol.. and I also now understand why I haven't found a single company (except JodoHost) that has their packages based on SDU.... It's really a sweet system... i love it!

Yash.. do you have any information on how much these reseller packages would cost at JodoHost coz they look really interesting....

Our reseller packages would start around $39.99/month. The prices have not been finalized yet. You'd find out in september.

I don't think Mike's way is very accurate to determine if a host is a reseller. I have to admit, when I signed up with JodoHost I was a little suspicious that they might be a reseller. But that doubt quickly blew away when I saw three things

1) JodoHost is owned and run by a stable company that appears to be in business since 1993. Their profile is impressive. Not many resellers can replicate this. Atul's profile seems impressive too.

2) JodoHost frequently advertises. I saw their banner ad initially at planetsourcecode.com which brought me here. Later on I saw they advertise at ISPCheck as well. Both these places are expensive advertising destinations. A reseller simply wouldn't have the money to do so.

3) JodoHost appears to have full control on their servers. They modified various .NET permissions for me, had parent paths enabled, etc. They also provide very detailed information on servers problems and performance issues. Something a reseller couldn't do.

FreeWilly said:
2) JodoHost frequently advertises. I saw their banner ad initially at planetsourcecode.com which brought me here. Later on I saw they advertise at ISPCheck as well. Both these places are expensive advertising destinations. A reseller simply wouldn't have the money to do so.

Beginning September 2003, we will be expanding our advertising budget even further

Back