double mail, anyone?

I'm having this issue today. I've had up to 6 repeat emails over the last few hours, from different sources, from a domain on win5.

Was the repeat email from a friend or from some automated source? Could you please give me some more information or send in a ticket

i just got one from an automated source... well two rather.

i have a ticket still open... #29903

I have been getting repeat emails from Yahoo. I am one of the moderators for the C# Yahoo group and I keep getting messages to moderate messages and they are duplicate messages except the first one.

I get multiple emails pretty frequently (probably 2-4 sets of duplicates a day out of roughly 80-150 emails a day -- damn spammers), and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with Yahoo. I have had a few duplicates from Yahoo (as well as normal "singles" from Yahoo), but no more than I get from other domains. The duplicates aren't a huge deal for me since I have a Bayesian spam filter enabled and I'm not anywhere near my bandwidth limit, but I could see them being an annoyance otherwise.

I transferred from another host towards the end of July, and didn't notice the same occurance there.

true, i'm also not too worried about the doubles, as i get so many emails per day anyway.

but what worries me more, is emails sent from that same domain, that do not seem to be getting to the recipients sometimes.

snooper2 said:
true, i'm also not too worried about the doubles, as i get so many emails per day anyway.

but what worries me more, is emails sent from that same domain, that do not seem to be getting to the recipients sometimes.

I do have a friend that I know of that I just can't seem to send an email to, and can't really explain why. He says his host isn't doing any kind of anti-spam filtering, and he receives emails I send from a hotmail account with no problem. I don't get any bounce messages from the mail server or anything. I'll try to get more information from him this weekend to see if it's something on his end or not.

Edit: Just realized that this is a little different than what you are saying. I haven't received duplicates from him when he sends me emails; I just can't send him anything. Until today, all of my duplicates have been from spam, but I did get my first non-spam duplicate (actually a triple) email from a friend who emails me from a Yahoo account (usually just get the regular single email from them).

dannyc, could you please open a ticket with the email address you are trying to email. We'll check it out ourselves

There should be no reason why your email should not get delivered from our end because our mail server IP is not blacklisted and our mail server is processing email normally

Well I just submitted a ticket on the double emails (30425). But I did not just get double. There was a series of 3 emails all from YahooGroups that repeated 5 times. This happened between 2:15 and 3:15 this morning. I hope this can get cleared up soon. as others have said, I get enough email without getting doubles of some.

And to answer snooper2, no I did not get doubles from Yahoo before using JH. And I don't remember if I getdoubles from other sources. I get alot of email from different Yahoo groups so I am seeing those getting doubled at times (or even worse today).

Yash, I'll get that email address to you this weekend after I've had a chance to make sure it's not something set up on his side that he's just not aware of. I'll include the web host's name, as well.

YsFred4, I'm seeing the same thing you are seeing. I use the word "duplicate" loosely, because the "duplicate" email message may be repeated anywhere from 2-4 times (I've only seen a message repeated 5 times once).

Back