Drupal install problems

squidz

Perch
I've been struggling getting drupal to install on web6 all day.

I've given up on the older version and loaded the current 6.1.6 version. However when I hit the /install.php and click Install in English a blank page is returned.

I have found this information about this. It is the exact problem I'm having. How can I edit the php.ini file OR is there something Jodo needs to do every time I install Drupal?

online post addressing this issue:
The URL of the blank page read "install.php?profile=default&locale=en". I tried searching for a solution but couldn't find one specific to my problem. In the end, I worked out that the issue was with the timeout settings in php configuration file "php.ini". To solve this simply increase the max execution time to 60 seconds. This is done my editing the following line in your "php.ini" file.

max_execution_time = 60 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds

this would be done in the .htaccess, submit a ticket and techs can help you out, no you don't have to contact us every time, just take a gander at the htaccess they make for you :)

Stephen - I filed a ticket this morning and have been screwing with it all day. I'd made edits to .htaccess. I'd followed the example of a Drupal site I've had running for nearly a year. Though the one I'm porting over is using an older version than that one.

I seem to have gotten one of these sites to successfully install...still need to get the content in and get the other site set.

Back