DSN-less connection problem

bro

Perch
I'm having a problem making a connection to an Access database using a dsn-less connection on Win12. Using DSN, it works fine.

The DB is in the user account root folder, and the connection string I'm using is:

STRING = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Dbq=D:\hshome\accountname\xxx.mdb;Password=xxxxxx;"

The error it throws is:

"Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e4d'

Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user. "

WTF?

Yes. (The code works fine if I use DSN.)

I might have sorted that problem, however, by using
STRING = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Dbq=D:\hshome\accountname\xxx.mdb;Jet OLEDB:Database Password=xxxxxx;"

The error I get now is
"Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

Could not find installable ISAM.
"

Is this to do with the Access version? (The db is Access 2000)

got it...

the working Access DSN-less connection string for win12 is

STRING = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=D:/hshome/accountname/xxx.mdb;Jet OLEDB:Database Password=xxxxxx;"

----

Saturday night, 9:23pm. Send offers of easier ways to make a living to: bro
Will seriously consider all suggestions.

looks like it was some minor call that was throwing the ISAM then you got it resolved with the other string, good work :)

Realised when I re-read the post that you use 'Dbq' for the Access driver, but 'Data source' for Jet.

The difference in the password phrase is new to me, though. I'm pretty sure 'password=' on its own works with earlier Windows server versions.

Back