DSPAM and mail delay

Discussion in 'Email Support' started by SubSpace, Jun 25, 2007.

1. SubSpace

SubSpace Bass

I've noticed some delays in signup mails from various sites lately, which seem have something to do with DSPAM. Most recently a signup last sunday:

Code:
    Received: from dspam2.m****here.biz (204.14.107.93)
      by mail.m****here.biz with SMTP; 24 Jun 2007 21:28:02 -0000
    Received-SPF: none (mail.m****here.biz: domain at xxxxxxxx.com does not designate permitted sender hosts)
            identity=mailfrom; client-ip=204.14.107.93;
            envelope-from=<[email protected]>;
    Received: from localhost (dspam2.m****here.biz [127.0.0.1])
            by dspam2.m****here.biz (Postfix) with SMTP id C748BCDD78C
            for <[email protected]>; Sun, 24 Jun 2007 [b]17:27:59 -0400 (EDT)[/b]
    Received: from lightpro2.lightpro.de (lightpro2.lightpro.de [213.133.98.201])
            by dspam2.m****here.biz (Postfix) with ESMTP id C18FB382253
            for <[email protected]>; Sun, 24 Jun 2007 [b]11:56:43 -0400 (EDT)[/b]
    Received: from lightpro2.lightpro.de (localhost [127.0.0.1])
            by lightpro2.lightpro.de (8.13.8/8.13.8/Debian-3) with ESMTP id l5OFtxw3018526
            for <[email protected]>; Sun, 24 Jun 2007 17:55:59 +0200

For some reason, it seems this mail was kept on the DSPAM server for 5 and half hours before it was finally sent to my domain's mailserver. most annoying :(

What's the reason for such a long delay? Other times mail arrives almost instantly.
  2. bored_admin

bored_admin Perch

Similiar issue. Delays in messages coming through. Ranging from 5 mins ish, from say a sign-up.
    Today an important email was sent at 10.51 GMT, I only received it in my inbox within the past hour or so. 17.00 GMT ish.

Whats the hold up?
  3. tomzzzy

tomzzzy Perch

Same problems here. 4 to 5 hours delay.
  4. Yash

Yash Bass

We are investigating and will have this issue resolved shortly
  5. Stephen

Stephen US Operations Staff Member

Ranjan found the matter, it was a log file hitting OS limits and slowing delievery.
    Also while there were some delays, it was not across the board delays, there were most still flowing properly, they were randomly being slowed.
  6. SubSpace

SubSpace Bass

Thanks.. nothing so annoying as delayed signup mails :)
  7. zaboss

zaboss Perch

The delays continues, at least on mail4. Interesting fact is that not all the mails are delayed, but only some of them.
  8. JToto

JToto Guppy

My client is experiencing delays quite often in mail6 and is asking for an ETA to have the issue resolved. Sometimes mail comes through immediately and sometimes it can take hours.

Any updates???
  9. Stephen

Stephen US Operations Staff Member

it should be resolved, we are seeing less than 3 minutes on all now. Yes we were seeing the random delays on some and not others as well, I believe I had mentioned it, but seems I am getting a steady on time flow now.
  10. JToto

JToto Guppy

Can we say for sure if this was resolved? Im not trying to be a pest but was a log file flushed or some action taken to fix the issue? Was their a root cause?