DSPAM and SA question

SubSpace

Bass
For the past couple of years I've always had SpamAssassin disabled on my primary domain at JodoHost. Instead all my mail passes through my local mailserver which runs my own SpamAssassin.

Would I be correct to assume that any domain with SpamAssassin disabled would still have it's mail go through DSPAM, possibly getting tagged, but not getting deleted, since the H-Sphere anti-spam part is handling that?

If that's the case, I can add a similar rule to my home SA configuration that takes the DSPAM tag into consideration. If not, how do I prevent mail from getting deleted at JodoHost?
Not that I generally mind with the volumes I'm getting, but I just want to have the option of quickly disabling it in case of a suspected problem.

Every email will go through dspam, but it will just add a header.
So, yes you can just add a rule for this.

ok :)

I've been trying to find the header, but I haven't run into it yet. Maybe you could post the actual SA rule?

are you using dspam?
Because it is not yet done clusterwide(will be posted here and mailed as we proceed).
Those who manually moved to dspam are the only users at the moment.

Here is the rule:
---------------------------------------------
header DSPAM_SPAM X-DSPAM-Result=~ /Spam/
describe DSPAM_SPAM dspam marked spam
score DSPAM_SPAM 5.0
---------------------------------------------

That would explain it..
I was under the impression it was already activated for at least some servers.

Oh well, doesn't hurt to be prepared. Thanks :)

Ok Thanks.

Also Please let me know when you get done with the spam I saved for you in the spam folder, so I can erased them, theres over a 100 now.

Back