Duplicating Databases?

hi guys, we hope to be buying a reseller plan at the end of the month. :D

and i have a question. at the moment i/we have been using my silver plan of yours (not relseller) just standard hosting plan.

i have been creating the tables within the databases. and my question is when the time comes at the end of the month would you be able to

1. copy the databases (might be 1) to the reseller plan
  2. and then make about 5 duplicates
regarding question one. im not sure how this would be authorised etc. or you would do so.

the reason behind this is . instead of recreating the new databases/ tables and content. all i have to do is rename the database endings (if need be i can let you know of them when dupliocating if possible).

and delete the other data for example i have the custom plans and the support forums within the same database at present.

i want to put them within their own databases. and its quicker to delete the not needed tables etc than re create the exsiting.

thanx in advanced

Aaron

i take it that this message hasn't been showed to anyone else.

is there any word from support about this?... as i need to know if im going to have to re create the tables within new SQL databases.

Can you create a SQL file to do it? That really would be the best way to do this.

And you didnt mention which SQL, MySQL or MSSQL?

MySQL is super easy, just use phpmyadmin and dump the DB to a TXT file and then copy that text to the other DB and paste in the SQL section of phpmyadmin, then execute and it is done.

sorry for not mentioning the SQL type (was MSSQL).

i might have to export the tables etc to my local server and then inport them into the new SQL databases.. just thought of that right now.

Your Existing database along with the account can be transferred to your reseller plan and then you need to create 4 or 5 (As many as you need) databases in any account,under your reseller plan and give us their names along with the login names So that we can replicate the existing database to the newly created databases.

But before this you should ask sales deptt. wheather this service is chargeble or not!.

Back