E-Commerce Tutorial

Scott

Perch
Hi all !
As I'm currently working on a project which needs some E-commerce functions to be built in, I'd like to have some more information on this subject. I've never created an e-commerce site before, so I don't know anything about it.
I know lots of you have experience in this field, whether it is for your hosting company or webdesign company or a shop. Does any of you have a sort of tutorial, or guidelines I should follow? Do I need to contact an external firm? How to implement e-commerce in an asp.net website? Any literature I need on this? ...

Thousands of questions, I know, sorry :)

Any help would be seriously appreciated !

Thanks in advance !
Niels

By ecommerce functions, you mean the ability to accept credit card payments

For that, all you need is a payment gateway. I would recommend authorizenet because they allow maximum integration into your website.

checkout monstermerchants. authorize.net only uses resellers to sell their services. monstermerchant is reliable and will setup (so they say on live support) the connection between their gateway (authorizenet) and any shopping cart, even one that you coded yourself and are the sole owner of -

Yash,, if you are reading this, where can i get info on setting up mailing lists. also, i want an asp form for adding people on my sites to the mailing list using cdonts, how would i do that? spoof the cdonts.from?

- ed

Back