Email coming from jodohost servers

Hi all

I've just confirmed something strange, which i'm not sure if it's because of the methods i'm using to send email from the servers or not because it's more general.

All emails that are sent from sites on Win5, or through SMTP, either way, seem to go to junk email folders of all clients i've tested this on, including outlook 2003. I've changed many things in testing this including priority, and other message headers but still always goes to junk. This happens for anyone's domain that sends email from smtp or website.

Has anyone had similar problems? is it a server setup issue, or are the servers blacklisted? or is it something i'm not doing right? we dont broadcast emails and none of my clients are allowed to without my permission and approval so that's not an issue.

Another thing to note is that the same goes for messages coming from Jodohost administration such as billing and support tickets EXCEPT for the new reseller ticket system.

If you are using the mail server and SMTP auth, there should be no issue, however that being said, most anti spam tools mark items as junk/spam if they do not have full headers.

The headers included in the support system include:
X-Mailer: Cerberus Helpdesk v. 2.6.1 Release (http://www.cerberusweb.com)

You need to make sure that esp with PHP, headers are included.

Edit:

I just sent myself a test email to my hotmail account with an interesting result, prior to now I had never seen an outgoing header contain my internal IP:
from unknown (HELO ?192.168.0.200?)(stephen&jodohost.com@?192.168.0.200?)

Undoubtedly it sees that as an internal IP and questions it, with the popularity of LAN's and NAT these days, I wonder how often that it happening, as it is quite odd.

thanks... i'll try a few more things out but i've tried using ASPMail, CDO/CDONTS with the same outcome. I do use the SMTP auth, as well as my clients.

I'm looking at the emails that DO go to junk and am noticing that alot of Jodohost's mail (in particular H-Sphere notifications) contains a blank X-Mailer field or none at all, and some emails from clients do so as well (i believe a few use Outlook on Macintosh). I've never tried to set the X-Mailer field programatically in ASP but i assume this is possible, will try it as well as for the outlook on mac. Because that seems to be the common tie between all the junk email problems.

Thanks!

Was there any update on this? I know its an old thread. but have a client with the same issue currently. Experienced it myself too.

Sorted. Support helped me out.
Cheers

Back