email diskspace and ftp accounts?

yorri

Perch
How much diskspace for email accounts? Is this separate from webspace or is the included package space for email/webspace/database?

How many ftp accounts can I have? Am I able to manage this on the fly? I don't care about anonymous but if I want to allow a client to log into a folder to edit files I need more than one ftp user account.

Oh and what is the response time for support queries? Is there a time guarantee like x hours. I am not unreasonable but I would like to know your standards and what I should expect.

This is from our FAQ:

What is Summary Disk Space?
Summary Disk Space is the total amount of space you can use across our servers. It is inclusive of web space (for your website files), mail space and database space. You may use your Summary Disk Space in any fashion you'd like. Summary Disk Space is based on actual usage and not allocation. So if you create 50, 5MB mail boxes, you wouldn't be using 250MB of summary disk space, you'd only be using the amount of space that your mail boxes are actually using to store the emails in it. Additionally, Summary Disk Space is based on average usage in a month. So in a 30-day month, if the amount of data your mail boxes hold is 10MB of for the first 10 days, and nothing for the next 20, you'd only be using 3.33MB of Summary Disk Space for your mail boxes at end of the month! Same applies for web space and database space

You get one FTP user per account. We are hoping that HSphere (the Control Panel software we use) will soon support multiple FTP accounts for windows. You can do this all on the fly. Our control panel gives you absolute control over all your hosting

We do not have an SLA guaranteed response time. We may consider introducing one in the months ahead. At the moment, you can expect a response time anywhere between 15 minutes to 4 or 5 hours depending on the type of question you asked. We have extensive help resources available online so you may not even need to ever communicate with us

Well that explanation confuses me a little.

I never store a lot of data in my email because I am always downloading the mail so with other hosts the 10MB per box(which is the usual) is perfect because I never use 10MB at one time.

Are you saying that if I have 150MB worth of email over the period of a month (if on the basic plan) that I will be charged extra space because of all the email that came through even if I am not storing it on the server? I hope not because I have never heard of quotas on bandwidth/usage of email from anyone.

If it is based on actual usage, then I am not getting 150MB...I am getting the first 150MB that I use over the month as opposed to at one time. Or is it based on usage at ONE time? This is not very clear.

No, of course not. If you download all your email regularly, that means there would be nothing in your mail boxes for most of the time. So your average usage for email at the end of the month would be zero or just over that.

Every 24 hours, our system calculates how much total data you are storing on our servers (web + email + database). So at the end of a 30 day month, it would have 30 readings. The average of these 30 readings would be taken and that would be your actual server usage for that month. Hope I'm clear this time

Back