Email limit question

antic

Perch
Before I start, let me start on something else.. :) It would really help sometimes if we could reply to announcements, in cases like this, where I have questions about an announcement and can't add to the thread or see if anyone has asked similar questions about it. Replying to the original thread ensures Jodo staff get the question, and everyone can see the answer for future reference. Ok enough ranting. :)

The thread is this one: Important: New Mass-Mailing Policy

The question is - does this email restriction apply to just sending emails from a mailbox (like from Webmail) or does it also apply to using code in a web page (eg. ASP using ASPEmail) to send mail?

If I code to send mail using CDOSYS or ASPEmail with localhost as the SMTP, does the 100-per-day restriction still apply for the domain from which the emails are sent?

Cheers all! :D

FYI, got the work from support, that yes it does apply to all forms of outgoing mail, whether using ASPEmail, CDOSYS or whatever.

Thanks! :D

Wait, what about forums and such? With this rule, how is anyone to have an active forum which sends out email notifications of new posts to subscribed threads, etc?.

I didn't know of this policy...but 100 a day is quite a low limit...maybe 100 pe rhour; but, per day?

Because I don't have a fax machine, and I can't email a scanned copy because I have no scanner, and cannot make it into an image because I'm visually impaired.

Dev Gateway said:
Because I don't have a fax machine, and I can't email a scanned copy because I have no scanner, and cannot make it into an image because I'm visually impaired.

Not sure what you mean by "cannot make it into an image because I'm visually impaired", but...

The way I'd do it would be to write the letter in Microsoft Word, draw the signature in MS Paint, then insert the image at the bottom of the word document.

OJM said:
The way I'd do it would be to write the letter in Microsoft Word, draw the signature in MS Paint, then insert the image at the bottom of the word document.

I'm becoming impaired just by staring at that duck icon.. :)

That's what I did - put an image into a Word document and sent it to them. I scanned my signature, but drawing it in MS Paint is a sterling idea.

P.S. You need to email it to [email protected]

Dev Gateway said:
Hi,
By visually impaired, I mean I have no sight at all.
Dev, I'm speechless... that's awesome. I hope you do very well with your hosting here with Jodo. Set em the challenge, I'm sure they'll work something out for you! :thumb:

Back