Email notification of virus by ClamAV

DirtBag

Perch
When a Virus is found in an Email, the Email gets deleted. When some viruses are found, and email is sent to the address that received the virus:

==============================
To: <my email>
Subject: Virus Worm.SomeFool.P found in attached mail by ClamAV.

ClamAV anti-virus scanner has intercepted and deleted a message.

The following is a summary of the infected message:

Virus name: Worm.SomeFool.P
To: <my email>

Please be aware that a virus spread by email normally forges the
address of the sender. There is a good chance that the infected message
was not received from the sender listed above.
==============================

This is only for the viruses Worm.SomeFool.*, Worm.Zafi.*, .pif; and the and maybe some others too that I havn't received..
But it doesn't send for for example Netsky and MyDoom..

Is it possible to disable these notifications on all mailboxes on my domains, semikolon-asp.com, semikolon-asp.net and arildarntsen.no?

I'm tired of these emails.. at least after I got two of them each minute in one and a half hour yesterday!

The reason why I ask it in here and not in my CP support center is that I have already done it, but I don't get a real answer.. adding my email addresses to the blacklist is not an option.. I have now bumped the ticket several times, but no answer yet..

It's not possible to disable the notifications. Our support team has contacted PSOFT regarding your ticket several times, no response. I have however received information from them that this is a feature they will be implementing in future releases

yeah, i think that feature is pretty crucial - instead of the clients getting the spam or virus - they're getting one notifiction per spam/virus...

Yash said:
It's not possible to disable the notifications. Our support team has contacted PSOFT regarding your ticket several times, no response. I have however received information from them that this is a feature they will be implementing in future releases

Okay.. Thanks for the answer, but it would have been nice if you could have told me in the ticket instead of waiting for a response..

A "We are lokking into it" message is better than no answer at all you know

Back