Enterprise Manager registration

I have two Jodo accounts, both of which have SQL Server databases. Using the server name, username and password details from the H-sphere control panel I have successfully created an alias for the first database and registered it in E/Mgr. When I try the same procedure for the second database it fails.

According to the control panel, the database server is the same - only the username and password are different - so I create a new alias for the second database but get an error when I attempt to register it in E/Mgr "Cannot open user default database. Login failed".

I can open a connection to the second database using ASP code, but only if I use the IP address of the server as the data source (I use the network name of the server, eg. the one shown in sp_helpserver, on the 1st account which works fine). Querying the sysusers table (via some ASP) on the 2nd database, it shows my username.

I can use sqladmin.jodohost.com and connect to the first database. I cannot do this for the 2nd database.

What have I missed? Getting quite frustrated now :-( Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Rob.

Back