Error retrieving mail on primary domain

Hi,

I keep getting the following error when Outlook tries to retrieve email from my account:

Task 'mail.sharedhorizons.net (2) - Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

This happens every so often, maybe once a week. Is there something that I can do to prevent this from happening?

Thanks,
Mark

Hello...

I'm facing the same problem..coz just now my client make a complaint regarding email problem [cannot send a receive email from POP3].

Please solve it our as soon as possible.

Thanks.. :(

I am getting these errors again. Cannot receive some (but not all) of my email.

Are there any known issues recieving email through Outlook 2000?

Thanks,
Mark

There is no known issue receiving email. Please open a ticket so that support can look into it.

ARe you getting any errors that outlook displays? Can you paste them if so. Also, how do you know you are getting some but not all, does it say messages 1 of 6 and you only get 4 or what?

I am also getting the same errors every so often. Also i have 2 other customers that has said they also get errors when they download there emails. Ive always put it down to congestion on the Internet or a glitch in the system usually if i click send & receive a couple of times or try later on in the day it will work fine. When or if it happens again i will post the message it shows. :]

The errors i get are from outlook 2003 and it says the server is unreachable but sometimes it will still download a few emails, but sometimes its a complete lemon and wont do a thing.

As of late 7/22, no issues. But it's very inconsistant. I can go a week with no errors then they start for a few hours. Then go away again.

And yes, it does generate an error on some, but not email accounts here with Jodohost.

I didn't copy the error, so I can't post it. But it it happens again, I will open a ticket.

Thanks.

Back