Excellent Speeds from Win5

Ron

Perch
I have to say, Win5 (the new Win2000 server) has given me the best server speeds yet with JodoHost. Site is loading really fast and the best thing is that all the server session problems and ASP dying issues are gone!

I'm really happy JodoHost has decided to downgrade to Win2000. The amount of problems you were facing with Windows 2003 were not worth it.

Uptime has been excellent so far too!

I'm glad you like the performance...
Hopefully we should replace all our servers with high-performance Win2000 servers within 4 to 8 weeks...

We've had more problems with Windows 2003 in a week than we've had with Win2000 for an entire year

Hmm, to be honest I had gotten the idea that performance on Win5 is slightly slower.
I originally wrote it down to both Win1 and Win4 sites being moved there, figuring that would be temporary.
Don't get me wrong, performance is still very acceptable, but it seems lower than before to me.

I can't say I've noticed any significant difference. All I can tell you is that my websites load considerably faster than my they did at my last hosting company, so I'm happy :))

right now its actually the slowest i have ever experienced here with jodohost..
in my forums, i have page generation time in >5 seconds on the mainpage.. before the downgrade i almost never had over 1 second..

but this might be just temporary, or something with the connection to the SQL Server..

but anyways, it works, and thats the most important thing..

Let me know what page generation times you are getting now.. I'm surprised its slower considering this is our fastest server..

EDIT: We are looking into this.. it may be an issue with network lag between MS SQL and web.. we are looking into it

It seems better at the moment. It's an entirely different time of day though, so I can't say if there is any actual improvement yet.

Speed is fluctuating a bit here, but my forum main page loads within 1.5 seconds now usually (using ASP and MS SQL).

Dirtbag,

I am with you on this one. I run WWF (actually Invision Portal which is based on WWF 7.7) and it has never run slower. The support team is looking into it... but clicking the forum link can take up to 30 seconds to load the page - it used to be 2-3 seconds.

I hope the SQLServer / Web lag is the issue and they can fix it asap. My users are starting to leave me.

Regards,

Huthy

Dirtbag,

I checked out your site and noticed you are also using WWF.

Here are some timings for me on my site:

Home Page - 7.12secs
Active Topics - 8.56secs
Forum (Default Page) - 31.15secs

The forum has about 125 users and 2500 posts - so it is far from huge.

A straight HTML - no SQLServer or ASP - loads in a blink - very fast.

Regards,

Huthy

I've just changed from win 1 to win 5 coz of speed issues and connection issues, and arghhhhhhhh the speed is even worse, this is gonna cripple my site. If this is still MSSQL lag then please get it fixed i dont know how long mine and members patience is gonna hold. X(

Odd, my ASP + MS SQL pages still have acceptable performance on Win5. Forum main page load time fluctuates between 0.5 and 4 seconds or so, 5000 odd posts. I'm not using WWF though, so maybe my forum database design is more efficient ;)

i think its lag between the server..
my new system reports generation in under 0.01 seconds usually, and thats running off access as a temporary solution until its finished..

the reason for this is that Win5 and MSSQL1 isnt on the same network in the same datacenter.. Win5 is placed in Florida i think it was (look in the chit chat forum (think it was there))

Dirtbag,

I would say that is precisely the issue. The connection between WIN5 and MSSQL1. I can connect to both of them directly with no real issues, but the two don't seem so happy talking to each other.

Let's hope the guys can fix it ASAP.

Regards,

Huthy

Back