exe downloads

fawaz

Guppy
I have an executable file on my domain, for some reasons people including me can not download it, it shows page not found although i can see it using ftp. why is this happening. i have lost alot of customers because of this. is there a policy to prevent .exe downloads???

Not at all. You can upload and download .exes without a problem. Please submit a ticket about this and we'll check it out

I submitted ticket 24814 on Monday to say the same thing. I asked about it on Tuesday and got the reply that they were looking at it and would let me know. They then CLOSED the ticket without resolving the problem. I just reopened it.

I am losing downloads and sales because of this. I would tell you how many error I got but it looks like the webalizer logs stopped working too.

i opened a ticket (#25247) about this and i got a reply
"We are lookign into it and get back to you soon."
please fix this fast, this is making me look bad infront my customers.
i am on win1 by the way.

Fixed for me too. But the reply on my ticket does say:

"I am able to download the files using the URL http://bustout.com/files/yssameinstall.zip . Please check it and contact us for further assistance."

Interesting that the ticket name said EXE Downloads and they were using a zip to test it with.

But it is working now.

Hello

Yes, I'm sorry for both the delayed and incorrect responses for this issue. Our entire support staff was not notified about new security settings that had unexpectantly affected exe downloads

This has been corrected as I mentioned above

Back