Exisiting emails NOT transfered to New Horde Webmail

Yash said:
Right, I think you were the customer who I stole the idea from :)

Well I figured it out but not this way.

I noticed that Hsphere says one thing in the editing of a redirect but something totally different on page that lists all the redirects. It says that it redirects from www.subdomain.yourdomain.com (why it puts the www in front I have no idea because I never set that up) BUT....when you enter in the horde redirect adress and save your changes, it doesn't have the www in front of the redirect address. This is an obvious mistake in Hspere and it made my so confused because I didn't want to redirect www.subdomain, I wanted to redirect subdomain. (check it out).

I decided to add a couple of screen shots to make it easier to understand. when you add a redirect it adds www to the front of the subdomain as you can see in editredirect.jpg but then in the listing of existing redirects then doesn't show the www. This is why I was confused. I just ignored the www and glad I did becuase it really isn't there. It just shows up on the edit redirect page...weird.

Attachments

• editredirect.jpg
    editredirect.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 93
  • redirect.jpg
    redirect.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 81
Yash said:
One of our customers did something interesting. He basically created a subdomain called "webmail" and pointed it to unix2's IP (where Horde is located). Then hordemail could simply be acessed by visiting webmail.youdomain.com/horde/imp
You could even put a redirect page at webmail.yourdomain.com that directly takes you to /horde/imp

Yes, this will work and I can do this, but to make it easier for all your customers why don't you just add a link to Horde on the page we get when we use mail.mydomain.com?

Back