Few More Questions....

CFMX

Perch
I am going to be doing just CF hosting....

1) Can we use custom tags?
2) How do I link plans together so users can move from one to the next?
3) If I have ASP turned off for now and at sometime I need it and turn it on for the plan with the users who signed up while it was off be able to access it?
4) How does summary disk usage for a client work? Say I want to give them 100mb storage. Do I say 100mb for email, disk space, mssql etc..?

That is it for now...

Thank you for your help.

Hi

1) We only install reliable 3rd party custom tags, not user-made tags
2) After you make the plans, go to plan groups and ensure the created plans are in the same group
3) ASP is not offered on the CFMX servers. Only PHP and Perl are. You would need to create a standard windows acccount for asp, asp.net and frontpage support
4) In SDU, 100MB of disk space can be used by your customers for web, mail and database anyway they want. Just tell your customers - 100MB total disk space.

Yash said:
1) We only install reliable 3rd party custom tags, not user-made tags

Just as a side-comment on Yash's reply -

JodoHost will install 3rd party CFX tags as Yash mentioned above. When using your own CF_Tags you will need to follow the normal rules of directory searching and place the files in your web root or use CFModule to access them.

Jodohost will set up mappings as needed on a per ticket basis.

I'm not sure if this has changed but the CFRegistry tag has been disabled for obvious security reasons.

Cheers!
Hatton

Okay...

So SDU what do I put for quota of MSSQL, EMAIL etc... The same amount for each one? 100mb?

i ussually set the databases and email accouts at 10 meg creation size ( within the plan). then they can change it if they want to.

Back