Fix Reverse DNS

We are getting some e-mails bounced back saying that we need to fix reverse DNS.

Is this something that we can do via the DNS area in HSPHERE for our domain/ip? Or would this need to be done via our ISP (Verizon)?

We have rDNS on all mail servers. If you ar getting such an error we need to know. there are a few I've seen that go back to the sender's client IP which needs rDNs too, but not often.

This is our own mail server. We use jodohost for the DNS entries (MX, A records, etc.). So it isn't with one of your mail servers.

I'm going to suspect that it is something we need to take up with our ISP and that I can't control it in HSphere?

Thanks for the help.

This is our own mail server. We use jodohost for the DNS entries (MX, A records, etc.). So it isn't with one of your mail servers.

I'm going to suspect that it is something we need to take up with our ISP and that I can't control it in HSphere?

Thanks for the help.

ah understand now, yes the ip owner is responsible for rDNS delegation. We do it for ours and vps clients, but an entry in hsphere will do no good since the ip itself is not with us.

Back