Form emails using localhost getting blocked

kraft

Guppy
I have been doing some testing trying send mail from a php script on a Windows server.

If I use send via 'localhost' it will get through to yahoo and gmail BUT NOT mail.com or my own domain and some others. It seems to be blocked by spam checkers or whatever.

If I set it to my domains smtp server it will go to my own domain email address but no others.

If I use authentication it takes a very long time and the mail doesn't get through to anywhere.

This is with phpmailer. I can't get PEAR to work at all.

It does the same thing with JMail using ASP. Very long time to authenticate to my own smtp server.

I have been doing some testing trying send mail from a php script on a Windows server.

If I use send via 'localhost' it will get through to yahoo and gmail BUT NOT mail.com or my own domain and some others. It seems to be blocked by spam checkers or whatever.

If I set it to my domains smtp server it will go to my own domain email address but no others.

If I use authentication it takes a very long time and the mail doesn't get through to anywhere.

This is with phpmailer. I can't get PEAR to work at all.

It does the same thing with JMail using ASP. Very long time to authenticate to my own smtp server.

They will be blocked at many places using localhost, because there is no rDNS and the local SMTP picks up a random IP so it is not possible to make rdns for every IP in the network

We have many people using SMTP Auth and I have tested it a number of times as well, it works quite fine and does not introduce a delay, but it does allow an authenticated rDNSed IP to be the sender.

OK I got finally got phpmailer working properly, although it is quite slower. I will use that instead of localhost. Thanks.

Back