Forum Time??

Logan

Perch
The time on the messages isn't right. I am writting this message at 10:24 AM (approx). I checked my time zone settings within the forum and my time zone is set to Eastern Time (-5) with DST set to automatically detect.

Check the time stamp on this message. It isn't 10:24 AM is it?

hmm......

What is the deal? I have been going round and round with support about the time being wrong on the server called "web". Even this forum seems to be screwy to me. Am I in some kind of time warp or are the times incorrect as I am claiming?

I am posting this at 11:09PM Eastern time. What does the timestamp say?

devorem said:
What is the deal? I have been going round and round with support about the time being wrong on the server called "web". Even this forum seems to be screwy to me. Am I in some kind of time warp or are the times incorrect as I am claiming?

I am posting this at 11:09PM Eastern time. What does the timestamp say?

It's an hour behind. Sadly it has become something we have grown to accept rather than continue to complain about.

The forum is wrong by an hour because it is still set to EST rather than EDT

I'll have to change that in vBulletin's CP.
The clock on this server time is correct however.

But what about the ~11 minute discrepancy? Is nobody seeing that but me? JodoHost support cannot see the 11 minute error (ticket 33919), but every one of the computers that I use (which are all syncronized to the atomic time) show an 11 minute error. This is the time warp that I fear I may be trapped in.

People say that if you are abducted by aliens, that you experience "lost time". Is that what's going on?

I am posting this at 7:45am. Note the :45 and compare to the stamp.

both the 11 minute issue and the forum time should be corrected now ...

Ensure you have DST enabled from your forum control panel to see the correct times

Bravo! Many thanks, Yash. It's good to know that it wasn't the "abducted by aliens" thing. Perfect. Thank you. That solved my ticket issue as well.

Looks like the 11 minute thing has cropped up again. Maybe you guys are synching to a bum time authority?

I am posting this at exactly 8:51 PM Eastern Daylight Saving Time.

Back