FREE IP (minus unlimited sub-domains)!!!!

DeepakG

Perch
Okay, so you took away the unlimited sub-domains that I loved so much but as I look at the new Plans, 1 Free Dedicated IP is included in every plan.

So the million dollar question is how do I Switch to a dedicated IP?

Just click on Web Options, then your domain and then click "Change to Dedicated IP"

Please read our new IP Usage policy as well :)

Yash said:
Just click on Web Options, then your domain and then click "Change to Dedicated IP"

Please read our new IP Usage policy as well :)

Nope...no option to switch to dedicated IP there (or anywhere else). Before you came up with newer plans, I did see that option there though..not it's disabled. It seems like I would need to switch the newer plan to take advantage of it. Am I correct?

I'm not new to weh hosting but I am new to the idea of a dedicated IP. Is this really a dedicated IP address for my account that nobody else will share? And this is free? Providing this for free is unheard of in the hosting business as far as I can tell. Many hosts will say "static" IP but that just means static yet shared. This is truly dedicated to me?

From what I can tell the only reason I would need this would be for SSL or Anonymous FTP? Is this correct? Are there any other reasons I would want a dedicated IP for myself?

Back