From Shared to Reseller

datagrid

Guppy
I have had a shared plan for several years and it's time for me to move up to a reseller plan. I have some questions please.

1. Payment. Will my customers be able to pay me with your process? Meaning, the billing for my present account is administered in my control panel and I auto pay with a credit card. Will my customers be able to pay for their accounts this way? How does the money come to me?

2. I have customers using my DotNetNuke installation. I want to provide each customer their own control panel so they can handle their own email accounts etc, but I want to keep their domain inside my one DotNetNuke app. Can I do that?

3. Is it true that I should set up the reseller plan first, and then request that you move my shared plan inside it?

4. I have a complex setup with my present plan that is letting me use two SSL certificates against the same DNN installation because there are two portals with ecommerce. Will that be broken as a result of moving to the reseller account? Will I be given different IP's than what I have now?

5. Is it a bad idea anyway to have two domains in DNN each needing a SSL? I plan to host many more DNN portals and they will each need SSL. If I have to have just as many DNN applications, my overhead will be too much.

Thank you for your answers. I have been very impressed with the quality of the answers in these forums.

I have had a shared plan for several years and it's time for me to move up to a reseller plan. I have some questions please.

1. Payment. Will my customers be able to pay me with your process? Meaning, the billing for my present account is administered in my control panel and I auto pay with a credit card. Will my customers be able to pay for their accounts this way? How does the money come to me?

2. I have customers using my DotNetNuke installation. I want to provide each customer their own control panel so they can handle their own email accounts etc, but I want to keep their domain inside my one DotNetNuke app. Can I do that?

3. Is it true that I should set up the reseller plan first, and then request that you move my shared plan inside it?

4. I have a complex setup with my present plan that is letting me use two SSL certificates against the same DNN installation because there are two portals with ecommerce. Will that be broken as a result of moving to the reseller account? Will I be given different IP's than what I have now?

5. Is it a bad idea anyway to have two domains in DNN each needing a SSL? I plan to host many more DNN portals and they will each need SSL. If I have to have just as many DNN applications, my overhead will be too much.

Thank you for your answers. I have been very impressed with the quality of the answers in these forums.

No you will need to sign up and use paypal, 2checkout, or a true merchant gateway.

No it can't work this way, the domain will have to be in the same panel as their email.

3. Yes that is correct

4. Moves to a reseller account won't change this setup.

5. I'd recommend an install for each and then you don't have to worry about the complexity and conflicting with hsphere that we have experienced in the past.

Back