FTP problem

Is anyone else getting this problem..?

Since a little before the win5 hard disk swap (I say this to rule out the problem being related to the disk swap) I have got an error that keeps coming up intermittently.

This happens at random when doing bulk transfers. It doesn't matter whether I'm trying to upload 2 files or a hundred, or trying to delete a handful of files or a whole folder. Most of the time there is no problem. This is the error I get (pic below)

Any clue what is causing this? It's getting pretty frustrating..

Attachments

• ftp.jpg
    ftp.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 118
Dude I've had similar problems when deleting files through webshell or even wsftp. It seems like the file have a process that get latched on to em and the only way to delete the file is restarting either the server or iis. I've only even had the problem with H-Sphere control panels, unfortunatly they are my fav to use too. let me know if you find a resolution.

Yash said:
We're looking into this. Is there any specific time when this may happen?

not really - at least not that I've noticed.

sometimes there is no problem at all. then sometimes there is and it's really persistent no matter how many times you try, but if you try deleting individual files one by one - no problem.

then other times, you'll try again with no problem. very strange... again though - the problem is with bulk file transfers - whether it's uploading, downloading or deleting.

Actually, bambam is very right there. If you are reading or writing to a file, deleting it may throw up errors

We are going to be setting up a test account on Win5 and do some testing anyhow.

Back