FTP Problems

Toontje

Perch
Hi all!

I just wanted to see if anybody else has the problems i have.
Jodohost, i know that you are working on my issue, but please don't delete this post. :(

Regularly i have problems where a customer cannot update his files he has on WIN5 using FTP. Customer can log on, can upload and download files, but cannot overwrite files.

Every time i log this as an issue it gets solved by Jodo, but these problems keep coming back.

Am i the only one with these problems? I need to know this to find out if it's something related to my customers account, to WIN5 or if it's a general issue.

Thanks,

Ton.

No, such an issue cannot be server-wide

I remember a customer had a similar issue when he used FrontPage extensions and the permissions got reset or something.

Is this for a specific customer? Is he using a FTP sub account?

I think its best you let the support team resolve it. Very little can be understood from the forum

Ton,

This is FTP Sub-Accounts, I replied with exactly why this is happening in ticket.

Hi Stephen!

I read your explanation and i appreciate that you sent this to me. I am just trying to understand if my customer is the only one having this problems or if it's a server of system wide problem.

Regards,

Ton.

The issue is serverwide, all sub ftp accounts on win2000 have similar problems, I will work with the developers, and on my own to find a resolution to this problem.

To be honest I just put all this together, as the ASPNET permissions were lost right at last upgrade as well, and each time you have had this issue, it has been after a patch or upgrade.

Back