FTP subaccount

Hit34

Guppy
Hello.
I have a couple questions about FTP subaccounts (shared hosting, windows). First off, can this subaccount be set up to only have access to a specific directory, and second, can this account be used when connecting to the site via Visual Studio?

Thank you

Thanks for the response. Is there some other way to allow multiple accounts to publish via FPx?

Let me explain my situation, maybe there is a more viable solution. My soon to be father-in-law has started taking a web design course (ASP.NET w/ general design) so I bought him his own domain for his birthday, and I've got it setup under my account. He'd be using it as a family/personal site with few hits, plus used as a learning tool. I'd like to let him have access to the directory for the domain only (publish & ftp), plus possibly limit the resources he can use (this isn't a big issue, he'd stay within a limit if I asked him too). I'd be handling all the administration of the site, so he would not need access the control panel. Also, he would be the only one publishing to that domain, so there is only need for one user.

Any suggestions?

Back