Full trust?

I'm trying to play around with the new Amazon Product API code examples and I'm not able to get them to run on the server. I get an error that reads:

Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers.

I have read that the SOAP serializer requires full trust in order to function properly (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/chyky9hf(VS.80).aspx). Is there some way to work around this or do I need to use another method?

Have any other users gotten the new authenticated Amazon Product API working on Jodohost?

Full trust only works on VPS or SemiDedicated, no shared/reseller server allows full trust.

Amazon API - Re: Full trust?

Full trust only work son VPS or SemiDedicated, no shared/reseller server allows full trust.

I figured that was the case.

What's frustrating is that I cannot get any of the new Amazon Product API's to work. With my latest effort using a slightly different X509 certificate example as a template I get a permission error on the certificate creation attempt:

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

I was hoping that someone else on Jodohost is using the Amazon API's and had a sample that they could pass along. The samples Amazon are putting out there don't seem to work for what I assume is a very typical shared hosting environment. I don't get it.

I haven't tried the Amazon APIs but it looks like a file creation problem.

JodoHost seem to be happy to change some of the file system permissions so that DotNetNuke will install and run. I think most of this involves the ability to create and update files below the web root.

I suspect that if you asked them to do whatever they do for DNN then it might work. Perhaps Stephen can comment if there's any problem with asking for that.

Actually this is in regard to loading security certificates, which isn't something we are willing to change.

Actually this is in regard to loading security certificates, which isn't something we are willing to change.

Actually the 1st poster initially was using WCF to access the Amazon API.

I'm doing the same thing Stephen and running into issue.

I don't understand how WCF calls cannot be allowed.

I'm using basicBinding:

BasicHttpBinding basicBinding = new BasicHttpBinding(BasicHttpSecurityMode.Transport);

This should work.

My code is based on example here:
http://flyingpies.wordpress.com/2009/08/01/17/

I lost on what to do... my clients rely on Amazon API calls.

Is WSE allowed in medium trust? I can go back to 2.0 pretty easily I think.

Andy

ok... I have it working locally in medium trust.

Here is what I have in my web.config:

<trust level="Medium" originUrl="https://webservices\.amazon\.com/.*" />

The originUrl is what I needed to allow the call to Amazon in Medium Trust.

I'm not sure that line in the web.config will work on Jodo but it seems to me that calls to the Amazon API are safe enough that it can go into the medium trust machine configuation.

Andy

for WCF I may be willing to allow that, will evaluate, but for the loading of certificates in medium trust like the 2nd part, it allows too much else to allow.

for WCF I may be willing to allow that, will evaluate, but for the loading of certificates in medium trust like the 2nd part, it allows too much else to allow.

It actually seems to work without it.

Texas... I posted a link above that has instructions on how to do it.

Unfortionately freetextbox does not work in medium trust.

Back