Global white list exclusive of individual white lists

skypanther

Exalted Code Master!
I want to apply anti spam settings to all the mailboxes in a domain...seems like just the job for the global white list, no? Well, I added some addresses there but messages are still getting marked as spam. I submitted a ticket and was told that I need to add the addresses to each mailbox.

I think I know the reason, and it makes the system less than optimal. I have some antispam settings already applied to individual mailboxes. Instead of being cumulative, the individual and global white lists are mutually exclusive. As soon as you add anything to the individual white list, you lose any connection to the global white list.

I suppose I should just add everything to the global white list and leave the individual mailbox settings alone. Still, there are times that something is junk to one user but valid mail to another.

Tim

I want to apply anti spam settings to all the mailboxes in a domain...seems like just the job for the global white list, no? Well, I added some addresses there but messages are still getting marked as spam. I submitted a ticket and was told that I need to add the addresses to each mailbox.
Please let me know the ticket#.

Instead of being cumulative, the individual and global white lists are mutually exclusive. As soon as you add anything to the individual white list, you lose any connection to the global white list.
This is correct.

The ticket is NQY-11310-243. Actually, you can close it now that I've figured out that the lists are mutually exclusive.

It would be great if they were cumulative instead. If you have the opportunity to suggest this to psoft, please do so. It would let us set up global white lists and then mark just the white/black list overrides for the individual mailboxes. (What's spam to one person might be ham to another.)

Thanks,
Tim

The ticket is NQY-11310-243. Actually, you can close it now that I've figured out that the lists are mutually exclusive.

Done.

It would be great if they were cumulative instead. If you have the opportunity to suggest this to psoft, please do so. It would let us set up global white lists and then mark just the white/black list overrides for the individual mailboxes. (What's spam to one person might be ham to another.)
Don't see it happening as some may prefer the way it is right now.
Also, I know the background implementation of this feature and could easily sense Psoft's reluctance for any improvement on this.

Back