Going on 4 Hours on MySql Server issue on VPS Server

zardiw

Perch
I fail to see how a problem can take 4 hours to fix...........and they keep saying 'Try it now'.......and it's still Totally FUBAR...

This is on stuff that has run for over 10 years .......so it's nothing new that's been done

And this is a Production system......with over 50 customers depending on it........and it's my Li9velihood....

z

And OBVIOUSLY the issue is tech support is Swamped from BS issues from 2.95/month users......lol..........z

Sorry for the inconvenience.
We have replied your ticket. Please check the reply of your ticket and make changes in your database connection string as per suggestion.
It should help to resolve your issue.

Yes. You replied several times.....to 'Check it now'........and each time the results were the same.

What you DID NOT reply with is that you were migrating servers, and that was the reason for the slowness, which did not allow even the simplest of database scripts to finish.

If you had told me you were migrating......or even (be still my heart) given ADVANCE notice of this migration, then I would have known, and understood, and it would have been FINE.

However, nobody told me that was going on......until this morning......after over 12 hours of down time for my customers.......z

Yes. You replied several times.....to 'Check it now'........and each time the results were the same.

What you DID NOT reply with is that you were migrating servers, and that was the reason for the slowness, which did not allow even the simplest of database scripts to finish.

If you had told me you were migrating......or even (be still my heart) given ADVANCE notice of this migration, then I would have known, and understood, and it would have been FINE.

However, nobody told me that was going on......until this morning......after over 12 hours of down time for my customers.......z
Well we weren't planning to do that right now, but your site was impacted badly so we did, and it took some time, but we got it done. So it was done to address your problem, not pre-planned.

Quote: your site was impacted badly

You mean impacted BEFORE this migration.......Please clarify Stephen.......

z

I've seen your ticket and not sure what tools you are using, but they aren't accurate. There is no 90-100% packetloss to your IP you have given. I think your core issue is using MySQL remotely, which isn't even designed to happen, you'd really be best to take a MySQL backup and restore it on your dedicated to use the MySQL, and then connect other SD website to the remote dedicated. Use FTP space for a nightly backup script to backup the dedicated. (or use some cloud storage)

We have never supported, and have actively blocked ongoing SQL usage from outside for years now, and while some usage may have slipped under the radar, it's not a designed use case. SQL usage is for the web servers here, not outside servers or apps. SQL usage such as this is not tracked or accounted by Hsphere and can use large traffic amounts, where on dedicated server usage is tracked at a port level and therefore accounted.

If you don't require synchronized databases, you could even run one here, and one directly on the dedicated.

Last edited:
Now getting the max users massage...........AGAIN:
An Error Occured! Error Number: 2 Error Description: mysql_connect(): User ZardiwL_zaGueWri already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections Error In File: /hsphere/local/home/zardiwl/ddamanda.com/DDAmanConnxe6uyoU4rGuestW.php Error On Line: 8 User ZardiwL_zaGueWri already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

Stephen:

1. My site has been up and running for over 10 years.......Exactly the way it is now.......and is on a VPS server....Linux....fwtfw.

2. Currently the issue is TOTALLY within ONE site: DDAmanda.com....AND the MySql DB that is on DDAmanda.com.

3. All my sites are at JodoHost.........Therefore there is nothing 'outside' happening.

4. ANYBODY should be able to access a DB on a website.....so I don't know what you're talking about 'outside'

5. I DO have a website: 8KSpy.com, which accesses the DB on DDAmanda.com, in addition to accessing it's own DB on 8KSpy.com ................Currently that system is working fine.....and I see no reason why I can't access the DB of one of my sites from another of my sites.....especially when they are both on jodohost.

6. This whole issue stems from PROBLEMS you are having with the MySql server/what eveer on DDAmanda.com ..........

7. Currently I'm paying you guys over $200/month in 3 accounts........

8. So it is a MYSTERY to me why you all can't keep my sites running.......

9. I Depend on these sites to put food on my table and to keep the lights on.......and I'm losing customers cause of this crap.....so you're costing me MONEY.

z

PS. The plan was to move DDAmanda.com to the Dedicated Server.......however, it relies on .htaccess, and protected directories using .htaccess.........Which I am STILL trying to figure out how to use on the Dedicated server.......which in your wisdom you have deleted from Plesk.......and there is no HSphere option. I have found something that disables NGInx whatever, and goes strictly to Apache.....but again, this is still being worked on.

And at this point I am having Serious doubts about even continuing with the DS....considering all the problems I'm having with the Existing VPS server......lol

z

PPS...What exactly WAS the problem on my site originally??

Quote: Well we weren't planning to do that right now, but your site was impacted badly so we did, and it took some time, but we got it done. So it was done to address your problem, not pre-planned.

And regardless...........some Notice would have certainly been appreciated.......

Tip. When you communicate with your customers, you can alleviate a LOT of BS....

z

ALSO.......as a side note....... the Support site is Glacial (billing.jodohost.com) ......which is discouraging, since that's where you do Trouble Tickets.......z

Pray Tell.........How do you 'assign' an IP address to a server???? A server ALREADY HAS an IP address........lol

Hello,
We have temporarily assigned database hostname as "172.16.21.161" to fix this issue.Please check and update us if still continue to see 500 Internal Server Errors.
Feel free to contact us for further assistance.
Regards, Abhishek

What is meant by outside is 'dedicated' and 'shared' (SD) are not the same network or facility, so the dedicated is still outside the network and facility. We don't control plesk so we didn't remove anything there, but plesk does support .htaccess directives, actually far better than anything in Hsphere.

If you've already disabled the nginx frontend for the dedicated, you can just add the htaccess rules you want in the apache advanced config directives.

Servers have multiple IPs, we've given one that doesn't hit routing platforms, instead it stays all internal on switches and works faster. That's what Abhishek did and said there, but it doesn't work for the dedicated as it isn't on the same switch, or in the same facility.

So you're saying having a Dedicated server is actually a Bad thing.......since it's outside the network....and that means if I put my DDAmanda.com site on it.......my other sites that are shared wouldn't communicat with it as well......OK.

What if I had the 2 sites that talk to each other via the DB......BOTH on the Dedicated server...would that be fast, and considered 'internal'?

Which is all well and good......if that's true.

BUT my MAIN issue isn't related to that........it's that DDAmanda.com and her DB are FUBAR more or less.....Because the website and MySql server are in 2 different places now???

And Thank You Stephen for this info............I will test out the .htaccess protected directories on the Dedicated Plesk/nginx server.........I haven't disabled it yet.......we'll see how it works. I'm hoping that if a .htaccess file exists that Plesk will honor and deal with it the way it's supposed to.

All I want for XMAS is for my VPS DDAmanda site to work the way it used to...........Can you tell me what the original problem was/IS ????
z

Last edited:
OK........got some good tidbits of info from Abhishek.......This is good information to have...and I wish I'd had it sooner.

Network latency may be high for up to the next 2 weeks, but you can fix it with these changes. In addition even after the latency is gone there may be times if DDOS attacks come in the future that the latency between public IP addresses return. The best route is what we have described, however if you do not want to do this, it will be up to a couple weeks before it is optimal with the caveat of the DDOS filterings making it bad at times of attack. DDOS attacks are a growing threat across the net with the increase in 'Internet of Things' device hacks, malware and trojan machines as well as growing levels of exploits that hijack devices daily.
Feel free to contact us for further assistance.
Regards, Abhishek

SO the answer seems to be to have Private IP addresses that we can use......that are not affected by this DDOS and IOT exploit crap?

z

Speed Tests:
Connection: $AmaServer = "172.16.xx.xxx";
Test 1: Start: 13:12:43 End: 13:13:01
Total: 00:18
Test 2: Total: 00:25
Test 3: Total: 00:24
Test 4: Total: 00:24
Average Time: 22.75

Connection: $AmaServer = "mysxxxx.gohsphere.com";
Test 1: Start: 13:16:21 End: 13:16:42
Total: 00:21