H-Sphere---Dead?

I'm an H-Sphere reseller with another provider atm and I'm shopping around for another host. I'm very used to H-Sphere as the all-in-one CP that it is and DO NOT want to change. I've been reading your forums for the past few days to see how JodoHost operates and one comment by the Honcho with the Poncho :)P) struck me.... "H-Sphere is a dying CP" - paraphrase.

WOW...so, what's the plan here at JodoHost? I'd hate to migrate everything over only to have some kind of massive CP changeover that will destroy what little clientele my current provider hasn't run off with server issues, hackers, etc...

Really curious to find out what strategies Jodo Host has for the coming year for it's reseller's.

I'm an H-Sphere reseller with another provider atm and I'm shopping around for another host. I'm very used to H-Sphere as the all-in-one CP that it is and DO NOT want to change. I've been reading your forums for the past few days to see how JodoHost operates and one comment by the Honcho with the Poncho :)P) struck me.... "H-Sphere is a dying CP" - paraphrase.

WOW...so, what's the plan here at JodoHost? I'd hate to migrate everything over only to have some kind of massive CP changeover that will destroy what little clientele my current provider hasn't run off with server issues, hackers, etc...

Really curious to find out what strategies Jodo Host has for the coming year for it's reseller's.

We aren't migrating but my focus is windows, and it is as good as dead for any future there (2008 sql, 2008 windows, etc)

Hsphere is still a good all in one CP, but it is aging, it is still a solid product for what it offers but as long as you aren't looking for the latest and greatest

Thanks, Stephen. What other option besides H-Sphere does Jodo Host offer then? I don't see anything else mentioned on the site.

Thanks, Stephen. What other option besides H-Sphere does Jodo Host offer then? I don't see anything else mentioned on the site.

We have plesk with VPS(also 2003 right now) and some other items in the works, windows only however.
Also undertand, Hsphere is updated on linux side, its now running apache2, php4/5, will be having ruby shortly, so hsphere is getting updated there, but zero effort is given on the windows side.

We have a dedicated linux team as well, but MY personal focus is the windows side.

I can't forsee any situation in which we will force resellers to migrate to a new platform/Control Panel. HSphere is slow in supporting new features (sql2008 ).. Whenever Hsphere updates, we follow suit (once we are confident the upgrade is stable). But Hsphere still is a solid, all-in-one Reseller Solution and we will always fully support it and stay up to date with it.
We are definately looking to roll out a new platform/CP solution in the future to offer Windows resellers another option for reselling. We are hoping we'd be able to stay up-to-date with new MS products faster, that way

We have a dedicated linux team as well, but MY personal focus is the windows side.

So, this is an interesting thread. I'm not clear on your answer though. Are you saying that Microsoft hosting products will be deployed on Windows servers here in the future? If HSphere will cease to be updated for Windows what shared server tools will be available for Resellers on Win servers?

So, this is an interesting thread. I'm not clear on your answer though. Are you saying that Microsoft hosting products will be deployed on Windows servers here in the future? If HSphere will cease to be updated for Windows what shared server tools will be available for Resellers on Win servers?

Windows 2003/IIS6 as it is no, that isn't going away it just isn't being updated to 2008 versions :(

"it" meaning HSphere is not going to be updated for Win2008 server platform?

Correct, 2008 has been out in some form or another for over 1.5 years now (early releases for developers etc) and they have made no move toward supporting it and absolutely ZERO commitment to supporting it shown in their client communications, documentation, or forums.

Back