Has anyone else noticed a slowdown in their sql server?

yorri

Perch
since shifting to the new server?

My message board seems to run 3 times slower now and I didn't touch the thing....and it certainly isn't because of a traffic increase ;p

Hmm, nope... Still 0.2 seconds to load the main page. I never checked any other pages, but they're pretty fast.

You sure it wasn't a temporary thing? Maybe the server was going through it's backup cycle or something?

yes customers on Win1, Win2 and Win4 will be noticing some slowness till we complete our upgrade process accessing the mssql server. For an immediate solution, request your account to be moved to win5

Yash said:
yes customers on Win1, Win2 and Win4 will be noticing some slowness till we complete our upgrade process accessing the mssql server. For an immediate solution, request your account to be moved to win5

When is the "upgrade process accessing the mssql server" expected completion time/date?

Yash said:

That is what I thought and why I asked about it. It's not unreasonable but it does cause a few seconds delay. I can live with it for now but permanently it would be frustrating. Thanks Yash

yorri said:
That is what I thought and why I asked about it. It's not unreasonable but it does cause a few seconds delay. I can live with it for now but permanently it would be frustrating. Thanks Yash

Actually, if you have a very database-intensive site, the page loads are extremely bloated.

For example,

DBIntensivePage.asp: Load time (on previous host) -- 0.5 sec avg.

DBIntensivePage.asp: Load time (on Jodohost) -- 15 sec avg.

WebDeveloper said:
Actually, if you have a very database-intensive site, the page loads are extremely bloated.

For example,

DBIntensivePage.asp: Load time (on previous host) -- 0.5 sec avg.

DBIntensivePage.asp: Load time (on Jodohost) -- 15 sec avg.

you are probably on Win1, 2 or 4, which is on another network than the sql server, which means it will be a network lag.. submit a ticket and ask if they can move your site to the new datacenter (win5 and soon some other servers i think)

I asked this morning UK time using a tickect as suggested by Yash to move my site. The reply I got was:

"Could you please tell what exact problem you are facing on new mssql server. As we have shifted our sql database to new sql server.If you have problem in accessing database through site then we can move your site to win5 server, this will ensure the webserver and mssql on the same network with excellant speed.

regards"

Is there a problem with internal communication?

?( they have som strange replies at times..

sometimes i actually wonder if it is human beings in the other end.. especially when getting answers like:
Everything is working fine now. Please check it.

Regards

DirtBag said:
sometimes i actually wonder if it is human beings in the other end.. especially when getting answers like:
Everything is working fine now. Please check it.

You get that too eh? :) I hate that one.

Back